Thursday, January 17, 2013

You want me to do what?

One of the best things about this bootcamp programs is that each workout is different.  They are all hard, but each is different.  In the three years I have worked out with Mariane, I have never ever done the same workout twice.  Where does she get this stuff?

When I walk into the building and see "Stations" I know that I am in trouble.  It means timed circuits.  Each one more painful then the next.  Then I see Ms. Pagnanni and all I am thinking is BURPEES!!!.... Nooooooo.  My burpee form is really ugly.  My stomach muscles are not quite strong enough to "jump" out everytime and I do a few, then start stepping them.  I can see myself in the mirror.  Stomach flapping, weird squat, awkward stand.  I am practicing at home so they won't be so funky looking, but so far, no go.

At this point I have a choice. When I walk in, I have to decide for myself. This is your workout.  Are you gonna leave it all out there? or are you gonna just go through the motions?  Tonight, I kinda was in the middle.  At several points I found myself kneeling on the floor panting and thinking... "nope".  Then I would remember, that No is not an option and go again.

At the end of the workout, I was sweating and tired, and gasping for air.  However, if I am honest, I probably had some more in the tank. This morning my muscles are screaming!  "Oh! hurts so good!".  I forgot over the last few months of inactivity how good it really feels to push yourself and find out what you can really do.

Some might not be ready to go full out on this kind of program, but you will never know until you try.  I have been that girl.  The "fattest" one in the class struggling with form and a few pushups.  Guess what.  You never know what you can do until you do it.  The sense of accomplishment you get from this is A-MAZING!!! 

You will find yourself wanting to do more and see more.  In short, your life seems more full.  I wish everyone I know could/would just try.  Go for a walk if you can't run.  Do one more pushup than you did last time, just progress and see what you are made of.  You will be surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment